As a full service organization specializing in employee benefits, Benefit Design Services Corporation (BDS) was established in January 1991 and is owned by John Tuttle and Kishan Perera. Our two subsidiaries, BDS Corp of CNY and BDS Retirement Services, LLC, provide group insurance and retirement plan services.
Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, BDS serves Central New York and beyond…from Rochester to Utica and Watertown to Binghamton helping companies to meet their employee benefits objectives. Although most are based in this area, we have clients as far away as New Hampshire and Pennsylvania.
BDS looks to develop long-term business by attracting quality clients and by providing responsive and personal service.
We see our role as using our skills and experience in employee benefits to serve YOUR needs. We develop a trusting relationship based on the fact that we will always put your goals first and recommend benefit strategies to support those goals.
BDS offers the design, communication, implementation and administration of retirement plans, group insurance plans and flexible benefit plans to over 550 entities. Our strength is in plan design choosing from the most current options available that are the most cost effective for our clients.
BDS Retirement Services, LLC
Qualified Retirement Plans offered include:
- Salary Ratio
- Age Based
- New Comparability
- 401(k) Traditional, Roth (with and without Safe Harbor)
- 414(h) Pickup
- Split funded Defined Benefit
- Fully insured Defined Benefit [412(e)(3), formerly 412(i)]
- Cash balance Defined Benefit
- Money Purchase
- Target Benefit
BDS Corp of CNY
Group Insurance Plans offered include:
- We offer plans both on and off the NY Exchange.
- All of our group insurance staff are certified in the Affordable Care Act and the NY State of Health website
- Medical (Fully Insured/Alternate Funding)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs)
- Life/AD & D (Non-Contributory/Voluntary)
- Disability (Non-Contributory/Voluntary/NYSDBL)
- Long Term Care
- Premium Conversion
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
- Medicare Supplement Plans